Saturday, June 14, 2008

In His arms

So I should be in bed right now. I have to be to church in a little over seven hours, and that will be the beginning of a long week at camp as I am sure you gathered from the lost post. I can't sleep, I am in one of those spots where you are relaxed but restless; if that makes any sense. I am excited to see what it is that God has in store, both in the lives of my students and my own life. It is as if I am on the top of the wave ready for it to crash underneath me just waiting for that break so that I can ride the wave. Its exciting to be in a spot of anticipation and nervousness because you can not tell what is up head, only that you can trust the One who holds all that is ahead. I know that God has a Sovereign will, and that it involves me, this is not to say that I have any worth or merit outside of that which He has given me, I am just resting in Him. It brings to mind a memory of my childhood. As you have probably read I enjoy riding motorcycles, well a lot of this came from growing up riding. My earliest memory (may merely be that I remember its retelling) is of my dad riding with me on his 3-wheeler, I remember that I loved it, he told me once that he felt so bad because I rode with him so much in one day that I got blisters all over my hands, but it didn't stop me (after that my parents got me riding gloves, which I still have) I remember long rides in the desert where the sand seemed to never end and the heat was ever present. I can still hear the calming lull of the motor as we would ride on longer rides. Its strange to me that something so exciting could be taking place and yet I would still manage to fall asleep as I began to tire. It brings to mind the amount of trust that I must have had in my Dad as a small boy. That no matter what he would protect me and get me back to camp, so much so that I could fall asleep without any worry or fear for my safety. I guess what I am trying to say is that I kinda feel like that now. I am excited and I love the path that God has me on, and I am trusting in Him. Its late, I'm tired and I don't claim that this is completely sound theologically but this are the ramblings in my head at the moment. I guess its somewhat fitting since it is a story about my Dad and its a minute until Father's Day.

No comments: