Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great Sandwich, Even Better Atmosphere


Growing up in So Cal you become accustomed with s certain laid-back type of living. Since moving to Fresno this is something that I experience less and less and today I had a small reminder of SD and it was like a mini vacation. Let me preface this by saying that my Saturday was booked up with taking a food safety certification class that was from 8am (yeah on a Saturday) until 4:30pm. Anyways, this mini vacation... So during my lunch break I went to a sub shop called PCH Subs on the corner of Herndon and Fowler in Clovis. I had the Morro Rock Sandwich which consisted of turkey, bacon avocado and I requested pepper jack cheese plus all of the other fixins' on wheat. Along with my sandwich I had a bottle of Henry Weinhards Cream Soda, and a bag of JalapeƱo chips, all of which were delicious. Getting back to the reminder of my early years in SD, the atmosphere was laid back with surf boards all over, surf, snowboarding, and other various magazines for your reading enjoyment AND Surf videos playing on tv's located throughout! It was chill, relaxing, and a breath of fresh air on a day that was not. If you are looking for a good sandwich in the Fresno/Clovis area hit up PCH Subs.