Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bad week for youth workers

So on Wednesday I got a call from a friend that has been using my Saturn and in return he has been helping me try to sell it. Anyways, so a guy followed him to his house and asked about the car, so my friend called me to see if the guy could test drive; I gave approval and told him to call me if he needed anything. I received a call a few minutes later... Apparently the guy doesn't know how to drive because he ran into my other friends car that was parked across the street, then shortly thereafter decided that he no longer had the available time to stick around to talk to me about the accident, interesting you have time to test drive, but not to stick around to handle your responsibility... convenient. He left his first name and number and that is all, he took off despite the fact that my friend tried to get him to stay until I got there. So my friend got the guys license plate number, just in case. The guy promptly returned my first call, things are looking up! He said he would take care of the damages, and he said he was still interested in my car (this could work out just fine). I called him back with a quote on the cost of the damages on the car he hit (not including the cost of the damages on my car) and he went off on me saying that was too much and that he wasn't going to fix it because it was an older car blah blah blah. He ended up hanging up on me. So I have left him several messages since and Monday morning I will leave him one more. After that it will get very complicated, so hopefully for all involved this guy will decide to do the responsible thing and call me back or answer the call. So quick recap 1 youth pastor, 2 youth workers involved (the guy using my car is a volunteer and so is the owner of the car that was hit). Later that evening after Church one of my volunteers comes and gets me to take a look at her truck. The lock had been punched in but she didn't notice anything missing, later that night though she found out that her credit cards were missing and by the time she got in touch with the card companies they had already purchases a few hundred dollars in gas. Oh, and that Monday night another one of our High School leaders got his truck broke into at church, and the week prior my boss and his wives cars were both broken into while we were at Boomer's for a youth event last Thursday. So in the past week we had seven people that are victims of idiots. In response to the recent events we are forming a new team of volunteers that will now be patrolling the parking lot of the church, they may or may not be armed...

(picture taken before the accident)

No comments: