Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vacation Day 1 of 4




Yesterday was day 1 of 4 days off. I got up and then prepped for a day at the lake. We made our way to Shaver and got up there around 10:30, after picking up the kayak at the Mendoza's cabin. We put in in Edison near the marina. Spent the morning paddling around with no real destination. We stopped off on the shore at one point to get wet, I decided to swim to a buoy that was probably 150 meters out so 300 total out and back. This with 1000 meters on Monday and 1100 meters on Tuesday puts me around 2400 meters of swimming for the week. Does open water swimming play mind games with anyone else? I'm always freaked out thinking the world's largest catfish will be discovered after it eats me. We got back in the kayak paddled out and just drifted for a while then paddled towards the dam, but never reaching it. Then we decided to head in and eat, swim, and nap on the beach. I think I looked at the time once yesterday, that was nice. A little later we loaded up the boat, to head back to the cabin. When we got back and got things put away we decided to watch the movie Galaxy Quest, which was pretty good (this was my first time seeing it). Then we spent the rest of the night hanging out with the Mendoza's (Katie, Taylor, her friends and Roxy; Danny was working and Kris is away in college). Got home and went to sleep without setting an alarm.

No comments: