Monday, August 25, 2008

A Good Day

I remember a time when I was more disciplined. I would rise early, many times prior to the sun coming up, and go for a run. This was a great way to start my day with a great work out and a quiet time with God. Well unfortunately the habit of going to bed at a decent hour and waking to be active somehow morphed into waking up and dragging myself to the shower and getting to work a few minutes early. I love the feel of a good workout in the morning and it definitely has an effect on the rest of the day. You feel alive, your blood is pumping and you know that you have accomplished something even before the official start of the day. Last night I set a time to go to bed, and I was able to stick to it. So waking up at 6am and I still managed to get 7 1/2 hours of sleep. I met a friend (Daniel) at his house where their community has an Olympic sized pool. We cranked out 1000 meters! followed by a protein shake and a peach. This is the second good workout in the past week, and I am looking forward to more. On another related note, my hip is feeling better and hopefully soon I will be able to run. So here is to healthy living...

No comments: