Saturday, August 16, 2008

Influence on Kids

As a part of my job, I have an influence over kids, if I don't then we have a problem... This post has nothing to do with my job other than it involves people I work with. About a month or so back I had dinner with the Pankratz family, this was prior to the newest Pankratz' arrival. So I was playing HORSE with Loren and Elijah (or Eli) was right there with us. So I made an amazing shot, I was sitting against the fridge on the far side of the kitchen island and made the shot in the little tikes basketball hoop that was out of sight about 18 feet away. My response: "Oh Dang!" soon after we heard Eli and what did he say? thats right "Oh Dang." This hasn't been a one time thing either, after talking with Loren he still uses "oh dang" and in context no less; when something cool happens (like me dancing before college group on Thursday) or when he misses a shot on that same little tikes hoop. So yeah, there is my influence, hopefully I'm teaching my JHI students more than this.

No comments: