Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yeah, I know words!

So I was talking with the guys in the office, and I was making an analogy. LJ was refuting my analogy, and I refuted that my analogy was merely an analogy and not fact. I told him that I was merely analogizing and that it wasn't canon! Then I was asked if that was even a real word. I thought I made it up...

...but according to dictionary.com

ITS A WORD!

2 dictionary results for: analogizing
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This a·nal·o·gize [uh-nal-uh-jahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -gized, -giz·ing. –verb (used without object)
1.to make use of analogy in reasoning, argument, etc.
2.to be analogous; show analogy.
–verb (used with object)
3.to make analogous; show an analogy between: to analogize a dog to a cat.


That's right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to be right?