Sunday, March 9, 2008

Utah here we come


Well I am a few days into the blog thing and this is my second post. I haven't had much time to post due to my schedule. I am a week out from going on a mission trip to Utah to discuss matters of faith with members of the LDS Church. We leave Cali on the 17th, but before I leave for that trip I have a concert (Hawk Nelson & Run Kid Run) this Tuesday, and a retreat the 14th - 15th, then I race down from the mountains for Church on Sunday. Mix in training sessions for the Utah trip (some of which I am helping lead) continuing to write curriculum for small groups, prepping a Sunday message, and all of the other odds and ends that make up my job. Please don't think that I am not complaining, in fact, this is a lot of why I love doing what I do. I am excited about returning to Utah, I was able to go last year on the pre-trip, so I have included pictures. One thing I would ask hough is that you would pray for the team while we are in Utah. This trip is way different from most mission trips as the emphasis is not on servant evangelism but on apologetics. We will be in Utah from the 17-22 of March. I will try to post and update on the happenings, but with how busy our schedule will be and the fact that most free time is filled with studying on LDS doctrines posts may be few. If you are of the LDS faith please know that I mean no disrespect; Orsen Pratt once said that if we are wrong, please reason with us and show us the errors of our way (not a direct quote but the idea...) so in that spirit we are going to Utah to share what be have found to be truth.

No comments: