Monday, March 17, 2008

I knew the rule and still broke it...

So I know that the first rule of going off-road is to never go alone, not just another person but another vehicle. I guess this is an example of knowledge and wisdom... I knew I shouldn't but it didn't translate into wisdom, which would be the application of the knowledge. enough of that smart talk, this is about 4x4s. So I went to hume this weekend and decided that Brandon and I had some extra time until the rest of the group arrived so we hit a trail. I had been on it before, I knew what to expect and I even told Brandon, "we shouldn't be doing this w/o another vehicle but I will turn around before it gets to bad." Not 2 minutes later we are buried to the frame in the white stuff. Now I am not a complete idiot, I brought a shovel... Well we spent a while digging the truck out, put wood under the tires and aired down the tires for a larger surface area. We got out. In the process of airing down in snow without a gauge, I managed to break a bead, I blame Brandon though since he was in the drivers seat when it went...

So here is the solution, and I will be getting a set sometime in the near future...

Staun tire deflators provide an easy way to automatically deflate your tires to a precise pressure for any off highway driving. Forget the backbreaking task of constantly deflating and checking the tire with a pressure gauge. Staun tire deflators simply screw onto any standard tire valve and automatically deflate to any preset pressure you desire. Staun tire deflators will let you down!


Eh, at the end of the day we had an adventure where nobody got hurt, no damage was done and I got another post out of it. Thanks to the awesome cool guy at the Hume maintenance shop that remounted my tire for free. Hey, I guess this is part of the whole living life thing that I mentioned in my profile...

I'm Done.

No comments: