Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pro Life?

So here is the question. Are you PRO LIFE? if so what does that mean to you. A friend of mine, Ecumenical Pilgrim would say that to be truly pro life that means that you would have to be against the death penalty as well. The link goes to what he had to say about it. What are your thoughts. Why/Why not. I want to hear your reasons (not just emotional arguments) for what you believe. I reserve the right to tear apart your argument, and would like those of you with differing viewpoints to do the same... I will be playing devils advocate, and in the end will tell you what I believe on the topic.


So have at it, but a little FYI if your posts are rude or ill spirited I will not post them, so lets keep this a clean fight with no blows below the belt.

1 comment:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

It depends on how you define your terms. If you define pro life as pro all life all the time no matter what, then that's what it would take to be pro life.
On the other hand, if you define pro life as favoring life over death then pro life means choosing life over death when they are equal options.
The traditional definition is clearly for or against the right for a women to have an abortion.
I personally am "pro life" in that way but I am for capital punishment in some cases.
My reasoning goes like this, an unborn life is completely innocent and should not be punished(or killed). Someone who is on death row has given away their rights by what they've done.
I'm wondering if my ranting is making any sense.