Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Its been a while

I have been away for two reasons: 1. lots of cool happenings have been taking place 2. I have been doing this little thing i like to call "Octoberfast." Yeah nothing like Oktoberfest, in fact quite opposite. I have given up or limited myself of several things through the month of October and have strict penalties for breaking them. Thank you to Pastor Loren who is holding me accountable... One penalty is that if, on a weekday I do not get up by 6:30am I owe him a bagel and coffee. Anther deal is that I am fasting from media outside of ministry or social times. This has been nice, and effectively held due to the stiff penalty of not being able to start my QB on my fantasy team if I fail to uphold the agreement. The kicker has been no energy drinks, which I love. That has been the hard one, and I would've failed IF I could've found one at my moment of weakness, but alas I am still clean. Ok. so a quick recap on what I have done since you have heard from me last.

Continue with our Jr High room remodel.
Went to Disneyland for 2 days
Went to San Diego
Played in the FCA golf Tournament

Loren and I were sponsered by one of my student's parents. We played at Brighton Crest. It was a lot of fun, the format was scramble, scotch, and best ball for 6 holes each. We ended up shooting an 89 (with a few, moments of grace...) I did however have the most amazing pitch shot ever! I was about 35 yards our from the hole, hit the ball long and it rolled back and went in! That's right I saved us by getting the double bogey!

(I am allowed to post this right now, I just don't post much since I am at work)


So what have you fasted from, and why?

1 comment:

Scott said...

I fast from ALL food every day between the hours of about 11pm-6am.

I find that the time flies faster when you are sleeping.

Hey, it's not my fault that I'm a faster fast-er than you other fast-er-ers.