Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shes ALIVE!


Yeah, Yeah, I know I haven't posted in a long time. Sorry, I have been busy, add to that my home computer dying on me, and many of the places I have gone do not have any type of phone service, cell or LAN. Yeah, I guess these are excuses, and I got more too. Anyways, I don't usually post at work, but i got here a little early so I will use that to justify blogging from work. I digress. So I have been working on a little project for the last few weeks and I finally have payoff! It comes in the form of a 1977 KZ 650. I got her as a project bike, not running, but I knew the motor was solid. The previous owner was tired of dealing with electrical issues and his wife wanted him to get a newer bike (I need to find a wife like that!) So I got the bike for cheap. Technically for $20, and $300 for the helmet... So after spending a little less that $175 on parts and $67 on insurance for a year I am riding again! Talk about the most awesome fiscally responsible investment ever! I in it for about $562, oh and it came with a full tank of gas too.

7 comments:

Scott said...

Wait... $300 for the helmet? That looks like my helmet!

Daniel Temple said...

Sweet!

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Congrats.
$20 Bike $300 helmet? You buy both from the same guy? Why did he sell the helmet in that case? So confused.
Congrats though.

Doulos said...

When I agreed to by the bike I paid the guy the $300 and took the helmet home, when I picked up the bike two days later I gave him $20 for the helmet.


Scott that is your helmet. the visor on mine is messed up so before I use it I have to get a new one.

Acorn Caron said...

I heard a motorcycle the other day at church and Jesse mentioned it was you! how exciting- have fun!

The Weaver's said...

Watch out man. Those KZ's have a reputation for getting big time wobbles between 90 and 100 MPH. Many more responsible people would say, if you don't go that fast; you won't have to worry. My advice... get above 100 as fast as you can. Oh, and good luck slowing back down.

Doulos said...

Thanks Weave for the advice. the bike is definitely a project bike and one of those projects is to rework the rear suspension, it was lowered and a 4-1 pipe was installed which means that it has a tendency to to drag in low turns, so I want to correct that. And since the bike is still new and is a project I don't plan on taking it anywhere near 100mph until the bugs are all worked out.