Sunday, April 20, 2008

busy

I am used to being busy, and it is usually with good stuff. This weekend is no exception except to say that even for me, a person that chronically runs sleep deprived supplemented by what I like to call "Liquid Naps" (sugar free No Fear energy drinks) This weekend was crazy busy. All good stuff though. So to preface, I haven't had a day off in about 2 weeks, some of my own doing but churches can be good at eating your time too, i digress. Anyways this weekend we had our Debate at Fresno State on Friday, our Symposium on Saturday, and to cap the weekend off we had student lead services in our main services. The Debate consisted of Dinish D'Souza (theist) and Michael Shermer (atheist). This was a great event. It made my Friday go from getting up at 7am for school to heading to state to load in to security to tear down and bed around 11:30pm. Saturday I was up at 5am to open the coffee shop at our church for the symposium then attending sessions (again awesome!) and floating to make sure the event was running smoothly to tear down then to watch the documentary Expelled (You should see it) then to a stupid event with our college ministry called Sushi Olympics, then to watching the UFC fights at a friends house then leaving early to get to bed around 11:30pm. Sunday I got up about 6am at the church about 7:20 set up, meetings then just did my part in the services which was pretty easy this time around (I got the privilege of baptizing some of my students!) Then went to lunch and picked the brain of our special guest speaker Chap Clark (chapclark.com) he is amazing and was a huge blessing to me. He is the authority when it comes to youth culture today. Now I am at home and I am going to take a nap in front of the TV, but first I have to move all of the clean cloths of the couch that I have washed but have yet to fold. Oh and in the past 3 days I have consumed 7 "liquid naps," is that bad?

Oh and with the exception of a meeting on Tuesday, and work on Wednesday I am taking the week off, so I can work on school. (it will be worth it in the end, or so I am told)

I'm done, good night.

No comments: